In the realm of website design & development, Content Management System (CMS) WordPress stands tall, and you can use this CMS on two different platforms: WordPress.com and WordPress.org. These platforms, while sharing a name, cater to different audiences and offer varied functionalities. At SelexWeb, we have chosen to work with WordPress.org to provide our clients with the most flexible, budget-friendly and customizable solutions. Let’s delve deeper to understand why.
Understanding the Differences
Each person’s needs and goals are different. Learning the difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org will help you start your journey the right way and save you hassle, money & other resources down the road.
- Overview: A privately-owned company that enables users to utilize WordPress.org’s open-source website development framework in a simpler, more controlled environment to go online with DIY approach.
- Ease of Use: A user-friendly platform suitable for beginners.
- Limited Customization: Offers a restricted environment with limited themes and plugins, impacting your ability to fully realize your site’s potential.
- Cost and Domain: Has a free tier but to unlock essential features, you need to opt for premium plans ranging from $30-60 per month. For advanced control, their VIP plan starts $3000 per month.
- Monetization and Rights: Limited to WordAds network, restricting monetization options. For the free tier, WordPress.com runs ads on your content, you don’t receive any ad revenue from that.
- Analytics: limited to WordPress.com’s own analytics. Preminum plans allow integrating other analytics platform.
- Database: You are locked out of database for various security reasons. WordPress.com has a strict policy with this. This is where your data will live, if you looking for further enhancements to the site, having access here is a must for developers.
- Storage: Offers various storage options depending on the package and needs.
- E-commerce: With premium plans, you can enable the limited e-commerce functionality. Not suitable for membership sites.
- Overview: An open-source website development framework or Content Management System (CMS) developed and maintained by a community of developers worldwide, constantly evolving and improving. It’s 100% free. You can customize and make it your own and use it to build whatever you like and however you like. You retain the ownership of the final product (e.g. your site or app and data).
- Full Control: A self-hosted solution giving you complete control over your website, including advanced customization, hosting, data and security.
- Unlimited Customization: Allows the integration of numerous themes and plugins, offering a rich and personalized website experience.
- Monetization and Rights: Allows integration with any ad network and ensures you retain the rights to your content.
- Analytics: You can also integrate various analytics platform for detailed site traffic analysis to further improve user experience and recalibrate your marketing strategy.
- Storage: Depends on your needs, you can have as much as you want or go with as little as possible to keep it cost-effective.
- E-commerce: You can have various e-commerce solutions depending on your needs. WordPress has a robust ecosystem for plugins with free or premium options and themes optimized for online selling. You can create anything you can imagine and work with any payment processor you like.
- Learning Curve: Having developer and system admin support is important as it offers a steeper learning curve but rewards with greater flexibility and control.
The SelexWeb Advantage with WordPress.org
1. Tailored Solutions with Full Control and Customization
Harnessing the full potential of WordPress.org, SelexWeb crafts websites that are not just visually appealing but are a true reflection of your brand, offering a balance between creativity and practicality. We can create anything and help our clients with cost-effective, robust solutions.
2. Expert SEO and Content Creation
Every business wants to grow and get customers online through their online efforts. It may come at different stages of their business. We can help with this when you are ready. With various premium SEO tools, plugins, SEO strategies and content creation, SelexWeb is equipped to enhance your site’s visibility, ensuring a robust online presence that effectively communicates your message to your target audience. Moving your site from just a website to your business’s biggest asset.
3. Hassle-Free Maintenance and Support
Our goal as a company is to provide the utmost care for the sites we manage. With our team of professionals, SelexWeb ensures a smooth and secure website operation, handling all updates and security checks, and offering you a hassle-free experience. Need support or have change requests? We are best at it. Our team is one call or email away to support you whenever you need it.
4. Learning Curve and Support
We stand by our clients, offering training at no extra cost for those who wish to manage their site changes independently. Most clients prefer to send change requests directly to us, a testament to the trust and reliability we foster. This level of support, prioritizing and handling client requests efficiently, sets us apart, offering a service that is not readily available with WordPress.com in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Our clients appreciate our dedication to offering a service that goes above and beyond. One satisfied client shared:
“What sets SelexWeb apart is their ability to balance creativity with practicality. They possess an exceptional eye for design, creating a visually captivating website that truly reflects our brand identity… Their talent, expertise, and exceptional service are unparalleled.”
Choosing WordPress.org through SelexWeb translates to a website that not only meets but exceeds your expectations, driving your business forward with a powerful digital tool tailored to your needs.
Discover the SelexWeb difference today. Visit our testimonials page to learn more about what our clients have to say about our services.